All volunteers (coaches, assistant coaches, managers, trainers) require volunteer screening.
This screening is provided by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and involves two steps:
1. Visit https://www.opp.ca/index.php?id=147 and complete steps 1 to 3
2. Select "Apply for a Record Check"
3. Complete the preliminary questionnaire and select applicable service offering
4. When prompted, complete remainder of the questionnaire, ensuring all sections are filled completely and accurately
5. Upon completion of the questionnaire, volunteers will be required to provide the letter from NDMHA to confirm your involvement in our association.
Please email Laura Paas at email@example.com for your copy of this letter.
SAVE and upload an electronic version of your completed form to your police record check application when prompted
6. When all applicable information and documentation has been provided, hit "submit" and retain your confirmation code (a confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided)
NDMHA Rosters will NOT be approved without ALL Bench Staff having their completed Police Records Checks. Those without the handed-in Police Records Check or required certified courses will be removed off the list of bench staff and not able to participate, either on- or off-ice, until they are completed.